Summer is officially here, and you might be planning for some fun activities with loved ones, including barbeques, vacations, or just lounging outside and soaking up the sun. Here at Apple Plumbing, Heating, & Air, we’ve put together a few tips to keep your home and outdoor spaces prepped and safe for you and your family!
- Make sure your A/C unit is tuned-up to prevent unexpected breakdowns during peak temperatures when repair wait times are longer.
- Watch what gets thrown down your garbage disposal if you’re having a cookout. Items like corn husks, watermelon rinds, and bones are a no-no.
- If you are leaving your home for a vacation, make sure to turn off your main water supply for the time being. This will stop the water source from entering your home, reducing the likelihood of any pipe leaks or bursts.
- Water heaters go through a lot of stress during the summer months since more people are at home. The start of summer is a great time to flush out the tank and check the pressure valve if you haven’t in a while.
- Consider Upgrading Your System if you happen to have an older system. An older HVAC system means you’re at risk for possible breakages when the heat really picks up. Today’s HVAC systems are more energy efficient and will also save you money in the long run.
- Keep disease-spreading mosquitoes at bay by eliminating any standing water around your home and using EPA-approved repellents.
We’re here to help make this summer a happy and safe one for you and your loved ones. If you have any questions or need to schedule service, don’t hesitate to give us a call at 410-840-8118!