Summer will be here before we know it! That means it’s time to get your home air conditioning system out of hibernation and make sure it is ready to handle the summer heat.
Here at Apple Plumbing, Heating, & Air, we’ve put together a few tips to help you prepare your HVAC system for summer. It is important to prioritize maintenance for your HVAC system to ensure it doesn’t give out on you when the temperature rises.
- Change the Air Filter to improve air quality and efficiency of your system. The great part about this is that you don’t need a professional to do it because it is easy to do yourself.
- Inspect Your Ducts and make sure they are all clean to avoid any problems in the heat of summer. A build up of debris in your ducts can prevent your HVAC system from working at its best potential.
- Install a Programmable Thermostat to have more control of the temperature in your home. Programmable thermostats allow you to set your system to run less when you’re not home, which ultimately saves you energy and money.
- Consider Upgrading Your System if you happen to have an older system. An older HVAC system means you’re at risk for possible breakages when the heat really picks up. Today’s HVAC systems are more energy efficient and will also save you money in the long run.
- Make sure your A/C unit is tuned-up to prevent unexpected breakdowns during peak temperatures. Preventative maintenance will help diagnose any problems before they become breaks.
Save Energy & Money This Summer!
We’re here to help make this summer a happy and safe one for you and your loved ones. Get ahead of the heat and book your tune-up today so you can stay comfortable all summer long! Give us a call at 410-840-8118 for more information today.